Sunday, April 29, 2012

{movie review}

As I lie here on the couch with my leg propped up {doctor's orders to keep it elevated for 48 hours} I have now watched 4 going on 5 movies. Since I have all the time in the world I will do a mini suggestion list for those of you that love movies! This list is the order I watched the movies, not the order I would rank them.

1. My Week with Marilyn
*great* movie! When I was in middle and high school I was OBSESSED with Marilyn Monroe. Everything from pictures in my bedroom, to a purse with her picture on it, to an entire Christmas tree decorated with pictures of her. I would have killed to see a movie like this when I was younger. 
This movie portrayed her in a very different light than I would've expected. She was such a sex symbol back in her day, yet on the inside so naive and insecure with herself. Poor girl. Seemed to have had it all but on the inside, had nothing. Would highly recommend this movie! 

2. the Descendants 
This movie really had no real plot line but it was relatively good. This is about a family who basically spends no time at all together but when the mother is in an accident, it forces them together. The father finds out some devastating news about his wife and goes on a quest to find answers. 

3. Breaking Dawn pt. 1
Duh everyone knows about this movie! I read the first 3 books but failed to finish...I'm weird. Loved the movie though and can't wait to see pt. 2! 

4. Midnight in Paris
Two of my favorite actors: Owen Wilson & Rachel McAdams. Wasn't paying too much attention because a lot was going on today while I was watching it! But, I don't think I'd run out and buy this movie tomorrow. {That's how I determine if I love a movie--would I own it?...no} 

5. War Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment