Wednesday, October 31, 2012

{allergy free doggie treats}

If you have a pup like mine, who seems to be allergic to everything under the sun {chicken- eggs too, and corn} then you know how hard it is to find quality dog treats. It took us a while to find out what Polo was allergic to but I think we've finally got him on a  good diet. Since we don't have any "pet stores" where we live I have resorted to making my own dog treats. 

We are carving a pumpkin today and I wanted to use my whole pumpkin--keeping the seeds for us and using the "meat" for Polo. I looked up a pumpkin treat recipe but everything I found had eggs in it. Then, a light bulb went off in my head, why not substitute just like we can with our baking? 

Here is what I used:
1 c applesauce (or 2 eggs if your fur isn't allergic)
1 c pumpkin
3 c whole wheat flour


Follow the instructions on the linked site to get the best whole food doggie treat recipe!

*tip* make sure you refrigerate your treats! If not, they will mold! 




No comments:

Post a Comment