Sunday, October 14, 2012

{vegan sweet potato chili}

Tonight I made one of the yummiest dishes I think I've ever made--Sweet Potato Chili! 

Tonight's chili was the perfect combo of colorful veggies and the taste of fall and I highly recommend it to you. I found the recipe via pintrest and altered it just a tad. 

Ingredients:
1/2 large diced onion
2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained)
28 oz of diced tomatoes
1 zucchini diced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp crushed bay leaves
2 tsp orange zest
1 cup veggie broth
a few dashes of chili powder

Combine all ingredients, throw in to a crockpot. Heat on high for 4 hours! Serve. Enjoy!

I served my chili with corn bread muffins and could just taste fall in my mouth!! 

**the great thing about using a little bit of orange zest, you can use the left over peels to make your house smell yummy!! Throw the peels in a sauce pan, fill with water, add a little bit of cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow your kitchen to be overpowered by yumminess! 


No comments:

Post a Comment