Tuesday, March 26, 2013

{a beautiful bridal shower}

This past weekend my mom, my sister, and I had the honor of hosting a bridal shower for a precious family friend, Ashley. We've literally known her since our birth. Our dads have been best friends since high school. It has been amazing having friends like this to grow up with and go through every phase of life with! 

We hosted the shower at my parent's house in Louisville. It was a lot of work but so much fun!

Our theme was "around the clock" so each person was assigned a time of day and needed to bring a gift that went with that time. For example if I got 8:00 a.m, I would bring a coffee pot or some sheets. 

On the menu was chicken salad, pesto pasta salad, teeny veggie cups with cucumber ranch dressing, a roll, and red velvet cupcakes. We toasted with a "Blushing Bride" cocktail {Recipe} which everyone was raving about! {do you know how hard it was to resist champagne since I'm on a cleanse?}

We played two super cute games. The first game we filled an apron with a ton of random kitchen and home items. She walked around the room and people got to study her apron. When she walked out, the guests had 2 minutes to remember what was on her apron. There were 25 items. The winner got 16!! 

The other game was my absolute favorite. We played this at one of my bridal showers. We had Ashley's dad ask her fiance questions and her sister video taped him. We asked Ashley the same questions and we got to see how close their answers were. Let's just say there will never be a dull moment in their marriage. He is  H I L A  R I O U S!! One question was, "What's Ashley's favorite thing about you?" He said, "that I can jump high. That's definitely what she'd say." so funny!!

Ashley is going to be a gorgeous bride and we cannot wait to see her dressed in white on her wedding day! We were so happy to host a bridal shower in her honor. 







Does anyone know its almost impossible to say no to a red velvet cupcake? Did it!


Our favors were a little mason jar full of strawberry jam! 

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen the jar of jam shower favor... I absolutely love that idea!

    ReplyDelete