Saturday, March 3, 2012

{a day to remember}

{June.17.2011}

The absolute best day of my life. Hands down.
I will give you a quick run through of what our wonderful day consisted of.

First, a few things about planning:
When we first got engaged we discussed what would be the most perfect wedding for the both of us. We knew we wanted to have one part of our wedding outside. We at first thought it would be the reception but then changed our minds to the ceremony since it would most likely be super hot in June. decided on our perfect venue, The Frazier History Museum. Our wedding would be on the rooftop over looking downtown! Perfect! However, there was always one thing looming in the back of our minds. Weather. We literally started praying about the weather since the day we decided on the venue. As time got closer, I checked the weather like a crazy person. First rain, then sun, then storms, then partly cloudy, then rain. Who knew what the weather would be like. If bad weather did come about, we had a back up plan- move everything inside and have the ceremony inside {we did NOT want to do this}.

{screen shot of the supposed "good weather" a few days before}

Fast forward to June 17th...
I was the first to wake up {go figure} and I woke up with the most amazing feeling. This was the day I was going to marry the man of my dreams! It was finally here!

We took showers and a few of us headed to the get our hair done. At this point, it was a beautiful sunny summer day. Not a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining bright.
We got our hair done {loved it} and came back to the house. Hairspray was going every where, false eye lashes were being glued on, and powder was flying. I couldn't help but think to myself on the happiest day of my life, I have the most amazing, supportive friends a girl could ask for. My wonderful bridesmaids came to Louisville from all over. Man I'm blessed with some awesome friends!


My make up lady came over.
Side note: I have to say, I was quite nervous to have my make up done. She came over for a trial run a few weeks before and I really didn't love it. I second guessed having my make up done for the next few weeks up until our wedding. We went to see her again a few days before {this time I had done my own make up and she saw what I liked.) She picked out some great colors and gave me another "mini-make over". I felt a sense of peace about it and decided to let her do my make up for the wedding.
I ended up loving my make up and she did a fabulous job.
After the make up and hair were done, I got to open my gift from Dale. He got me these beautiful wooden paintings that said, "Love is all you need" and "All you need is love" in colors to match our bedroom. He wrote me the sweetest note and I got teary-eyed but didn't let myself cry since I JUST had my makeup done!

We all jumped in the limo to ride downtown to the Frazier History Museum. We rocked out on our way down town. When we got there, we went straight up to the bridal suite. {At this point, it was still beautiful and sunny outside}.


We went upstairs, poured some mimosas, listened to music, and chilled. I think we actually got there too early but who cares, we had fun!

We didn't want to do a first look but we knew we wanted to hold hands around the corner and say "Hey" before our ceremony. I stood there waiting on Dale to come grab my hand. As soon as I heard his voice I literally LOST IT. All of my friends can attest to this. I couldn't even talk. I didn't want to cry and ruin my make up but I just couldn't help it! It was such a beautiful moment to be able just to hold hands for the last time as an engaged couple. The next time we'd hold hands we would be MARRIED!

Time kept ticking and the clouds started rolling in. CRAP! Was it seriously about to storm 1 hour before our ceremony? We talked back and fourth with people about the weather. Our wedding coordinator came in and said, "we can still move it inside if you want to." Nope. We were going with it. Clouds kept coming, the wind picked up and I just knew it was going to pour, but I had to stay positive. About 20min before the ceremony and all of the people were there, our pastor, Bob Russell, said, we're going with it I'll make it quick. And that's truly what he did. Our wedding ceremony was 12 minutes flat. Really. Someone timed it!
{freaking out on the phone about weather}


I will never ever forget those amazing 12 minutes. I didn't have butterflies all day until I was about to walk down the aisle. I am about to become a wife to the most amazing man in the world! Would Dale like my dress? Would he like my make up? Would he like my hair up? Of course he would! Seeing him for the first time that day was so magical!

{Funniest Moment of the Wedding}: It was so incredibly windy during the ceremony that my vail was blowing every which way. I had to reach up and grab on to it and tuck it under my arm. Well, it came out from under my arm and blew directly over Bob Russell's head. Covered him. We all just stood there and died of laughter.
After our ceremony we took a few pictures while guests enjoyed cocktails and hors d' oeuvres. After pictures, we headed down to our reception. After we were introduced, we enjoyed our first dance and amazing food. We were quickly whisked away by Lang when the weather cleared up to go back outside for some more photos. When we came back in, we enjoyed a night of drinks and dancing!
Dale and I still talk about how much fun our wedding was! If we could go back to that day and do it all again, we'd do it in a heart beat!

I am so blessed to have found my partner in life at such a young age! Just makes for many more years of married bliss and time for making memories together!

{Extra Fun Photos}







I HIGHLY recommend literally every single vendor. The location was fabulous with easy people to work with. Lang's pictures not only rock but he is so much fun to work with. Our flowers were so beautiful and fresh. They were exactly what I dreamed of. Our cake tasted and looked ammaazzzinnggg (although she is located in Memphis, Tn)--she's the best! The food...omg...even though we didn't really get a chance to chow down, every one raved about the food. Our DJ was an amazing person. Made our wedding so much fun! Every one stayed until the very last minute!
{Photographer}: Lang Thomas Photography
{Flowers}: Lloyd's Florist
{Food}: Cravings
{Booze}: Masterson's
{Invitations} DIY
{Fan Programs}: Impressions Louisville
{Honeymoon}: Sandals Resort in Antigua


2 comments:

  1. love your photos, we wished we could have used Lang but waited too long and had spent money in other areas. Your pictures are beautiful! We used Lloyds also and I was sooo disappointed - I lost it (balled my eyes out) the day before when I went to go see my flowers at the shop. I had met with Michale several times and really thought he got my vision, but it was not at all what I expected and was too late to change much. I had just started working at a florist in Nashville and I think that I knew too much and what he had done was not what I envisioned. Did you have any problems with him/them at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! I love reading about your amazing wedding and seeing your gorgeous photos. I absolutely love your bridesmaids' dresses too - the color is just perfect! Thanks for sharing your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete