Tuesday, March 13, 2012

{sweet potato chili}

My best friend, Ana, and her family eat very healthy! Ana, who is almost an R.D., and I talk a lot about yummy, healthy recipes. Her mommy shared a pic on facebook that made my mouth water, so I asked her for the recipe.
Here is the recipe for sweet potato chili. The only sad thing is that it only made 2 nights worth of soup but that's ok!

1 large peeled sweet potato, cut into cubes {i used 2 med}
1 large bell pepper, chopped {i used red}
3-4 chopped cloves of garlic
1 chopped onion
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 cans of rotel
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 can of pinto beans, rinsed
2 cups of veggie stock {i used broth}
All ingredients
chop the sweet potatoes
chop onion
Chop bell pepper
Yummy veggies cooking in the pan!

{Unfortunately the only pic I have of the finished soup is a half eaten bowl with crumbled corn bread in it that I texted to my Dad....sorry!}

In olive or sesame oil, cook the veggies in a large pan. When the onions are sauteed, put all veggies plus the rest of the ingredients into your crock pot. Cook on low or medium for a few hours, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment