Sunday, March 25, 2012

{stuffed turkey burgers and quinoa}

After being out of town this past week and eating out literally every meal, Dale and I were ready to cook a homemade meal. We headed to Earth Fare today and got some yummies! I decided to make Dale some stuffed turkey burgers and quinoa with veggies as a side. Poor thing, I've kind of only made veggie meals for the past month and a half. My man needs wants some meat every now and then. This is a super easy meal that you can both make together..Dale did the grilling on the George :)

Ingredients for Burgers:
all natural (veggie fed, hormone free) ground turkey
roasted red peppers
jalepenos
1/4 organic white onion
dale's sauce

Quinoa:
1/2 c organic quinoa
1 c water
organic peppers {red, yellow, orange}
1/4 organic white onion
organic tamari sauce
organic sesame oil
1/4 c organic black beans

Start by chopping for veggies for the turkey burgers
keep chopping!

throw in your ground turkey and mix in all of your veggies {yes I did this BY HAND}
*add your cookies in now*

once you've mixed it all together, make some patties
I also poured some "Dale's" on top to marinade just forgot pic!

Quinoa with Veggies:
wash and chop sweet peppers
when I chopped the onion for the turkey burgers, I chopped extra for the quinaa
throw it all on to a skillet, add some tamari and seasame oil, mix and satuee.

while your veggies are sauteeing, bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small pot. once it starts to boil, add in 1/2 c. of quinoa, reduce to a simmer and cover for about 10 min or until all water is soaked up like this:

Once your veggies are done, add in quinoa and mix together!

now your burgers should be done!!
Enjoy!!
-i thought i had veggie burgers in my freezer that I could make real quick but I didn't :( So I whipped up a hummus wrap w quinoa for me :)

1 comment:

  1. I love finding new and different ways to prepare quinoa - thanks for this one! Btw, I looked at some of your Cali pics - beautiful! All that snow!!! Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete