Sunday, April 7, 2013

{healthy chicken noodle soup}

Ya'll know that I am T E R R I B L E 
at writing down and following recipes. 
Typically I will glance at one and then just throw what ever I have in a pot and cook. 

I use a recipe as a "guide". 

You'll have to bear with me. I'll get better one day. 
Or maybe not, I kind of enjoy being rebellious. 

Healthy chicken noodle soup:
1 carton of low sodium organic chicken broth
3 cups of water
3 chicken breasts - boiled and shredded
4 stalks of celery- diced
2 handfulls of shredded carrots
1/2 white onion diced 
dried oregano
dried basil
salt and pepper optional to taste 
1/2 c dried quinoa

Cook your quinoa as directed on the packaging. If you want more added flavor, I always cook mine in low sodium chicken broth instead of water. 

While quinoa is cooking, boil and shred chicken. 

Throw all of your ingredients in to a pot, simmer for approximately 40 min. or until your veggies are soft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment